Welcome to Technology Resource Center “Nanofabrication of Photoactive Materials (Nanophotonics)” of St.Petersburg State University.
The main challenges of the "Nanofabrication of Photoactive Materials (Nanophotonics)" Resource Center are the development, creation and rapid testing of photoactive nanocomposite materials and elements for the following areas: optical and quantum supercomputers, nanoelectronics and micromechanics, solar power and photocatalysis, photoactive nanocoatings and sensors.
The Resource Center has a wide range of equipment and developed techniques for creating semiconductor quantum heterostructures by molecular beam epitaxy via SVTA MBE-35-3 unit with their subsequent optical characterization. Stands for the study of heterostructures by methods of four-wave mixing and resonance exciton reflection are available. In the center, it is possible to carry out optical and electronic lithography, to perform ion and plasma etching, to study the surface quality of samples using Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM) and Scanning Electron Microscopy. There are stands of spectrographic testing of photoactive materials in a gas media and a set of devices for electrophysical measurements.
Resource Center objectives are fabrication and testing of functional nanocomposite materials and elements for:
- Optical and quantum supercomputers
- Nano-electronics and micromechanics
- Solar energy conversion and heterogeneous photocatalysis
- Photoactive nano-coatings and chemical sensors
Basic set of technological and express-analytic equipment includes:
- Technological and express-analytical systems to fabricate 3D/2D nano-structured media
- Technological and express-analytical systems to fabricate 3D/2D, 1D, 0D structures by means of 3D/2D nano-fragmentation
- Test benches for laser spectroscopy characterization of optical and magneto-optical receptivity of photonic and photo-spintronic nanostructures
- Test bench for modeling of logic and memory elements for optic supercomputer
- Technological and express-analytical systems to develop and to fabricate nano-structured media for solar energy conversion and heterogeneous photocatalysis
- Technological and express-analytical systems to develop and to fabricate photoactive nano-coatings and chemical sensors
Our basic technologies are:
- Molecular beam Epitaxy
- Technology of fabrication of nanocomposite materials by ion beam sputtering and plasma-induced dispersion
- Technology of molecular layer deposition
- Technology of thermochemical and microwave synthesis of dispersed nanocomposite materials
- Sol-gel technologies of nanocomposite coating formation (dip-coating, spin-coating, spray-coating)
- Technology of (photo)electrochemical synthesis and modification of nanocomposite materials
Basic technologies are aimed toward fabrication of nanocomposite 3D/2D,1D,0D hetero-structures of photoactive materials for information processing and light-energy conversion systems.